Abstract: This error can occur with databases originally created with versions of InterBase prior to InterBase 6.5.
Q. I'm restoring a database with InterBase XE and I am getting the error unassigned code. How do I resolve this problem?
A. To resolve this problem execute readmeta.sql against your database before you back it up. readmeta.sql may be found in <interbase dir>\examples\security. You can execute readmeta.sql against your database using isql or IBConsole.
Example using isql:
isql "path to database" -user sysdba -password masterkey -i readmeta.sql
Executing readmeta.sql with IBConsole
1. Connect to your database with IBConsole.
2. Tools | Interactive SQL ...
3. Query | Load Script, select readmeta.sql, click OK.
This error will occur with databases which have these criteria:
1. Originally created with a version of InterBase prior to InterBase 6.5.
2. Backed up with a version of InterBase prior to InterBase 2009.
3. Readmeta.sql has not been previously applied.
This behavior is exhibited due to stricter enforcement of meta data rights in InterBase XE during the restore of a database.